Yesterday Nokia and AT&T began pushing the first Windows Phone 8 update for the Lumia 920 bringing along with it some camera enhancements and some new Wi-Fi features that will help the phone stay connected even while the lock screen is up. These updates usually get staggered out to the masses therefore if you don’t see the update available notification yet don’t fret as you can always check for updates manually on Windows Phone.
Microsoft listed out the features that were included in the update version number 8.0.10211.204 for Windows Phone 8 for those who want the details
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can’t take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.